We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
This site uses a Comodo EV SSL Certificate to offer secure communications by encrypting all data to and from the site. Comodo has checked and verified the site's registered Company information and domain name.
Vapour UK does not store your credit card, debit card or PayPal account details on its server or systems. Payments are processed by our payment provider PayPal and it is they who keep this information in order for us to receive your payment and issue any refunds that might be necessary. At no time does Vapour UK have access to your credit card details.
In addition to the company's safeguards, your personal data is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act (the 'Act'). The Act requires us, as registered Data Controllers (Registration reference: ZA105167) amongst other things to ensure that the data we hold about you should be processed lawfully and fairly. It should be accurate, relevant and not excessive. The information should, where necessary, be kept up to date and not retained for longer than is necessary. It should be kept securely to prevent unauthorised access by other people.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Information we collect
We may collect and process the following data:
- details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfillment of your orders
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or information that you otherwise provide to us. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website (including your email address, name, gender, date of birth, address and/or telephone number) or requesting further information. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site;
- if you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence.
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
How we use your information
Except as described below, we will not sell, rent, license or transfer your personal information to any third party.
We use your information in the following ways:
- to understand your needs and provide you with a better service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- We may provide your personal information to third parties who assist us in providing services to you, including fulfilling orders placed through the site – for example, shippers, warehouse operators, customer service providers, credit card issuers, or others involved in fulfilling orders you place on the site, or in responding to inquiries you make through the site.
- If we are under a duty to do so, we may disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of business, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Vapour UK, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- In the event that Vapour UK sells or buys any business or assets; or if Vapour UK is merged or otherwise combined or consolidated with another business, its equity is sold, or substantially all of Vapour UK’s assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data which we hold about our customers may be transferred to the acquiring party.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Vapour Group Ltd Peter House, Oxford Road, Manchester M1 5AN.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Changes to this Privacy & Cookies Policy
We are constantly looking for new ways to improve this Website. We may amend this Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time. All such changes will take effect once they have been posted on the site and you will be deemed to have accepted any such changes by your use of the site from time to time. This Privacy and Cookies Policy was last updated on 12/03/2015.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
|GOOGLE ANALYTICS||Tracks page views, navigation paths and other details of your visit so that we may improve the way our website operates.|